Valley View Primary School
“To be an outstanding school where all children reach their full potential and are ready for the next phase of their journey”
We believe Valley View Primary School is in itself a ‘family’ where children are respected, nurtured, encouraged, supported and challenged to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Ethos and Values
- We believe in being an inclusive school which treat all children and adults with respect, regardless of ability, race, background and beliefs
- We believe it is our duty to change our practice to support each individual and recognise and cater for their strengths whilst removing the barriers to their success
- We believe all children should have the opportunity to thrive- educationally, socially, morally and culturally.
- We embrace the local community understanding that the best way to support children is through partnership with parents, carers, families and the community in which they live.
- We believe children and adults in school should feel safe and cared for at all times. We aim to achieve this through caring and considerate staff who care for each individual.
- We believe in preparing our children for their future through high expectations of achievement, presentation, manners and communication.
- We believe in ensuring all children gain a high level of basic skills in literacy and maths to prepare them for their comprehensive educational and their future.
- We believe children and adult alike should have a voice which is listened to.
- We believe in outstanding teaching and learning for all.
- We believe in children gaining a ‘love’ of learning through a stimulating, relevant and engaging curriculum.
- We believe in praise and encouragement for our children and aim to ensure they learn socially acceptable behaviour through outstanding role models in both staff and other pupils.
We encourage our children to demonstrate four key values:
Respect Resilience Responsibility Engagement
Children are rewarded for demonstration of these values in school. We hope to instil these values in our children to enable them to become independent, well mannered, confident, responsible and engaged young people and adults.